The Harvard Planning Office enhances, sustains and optimizes the physical assets—land and buildings—of the University and provides analyses and context for decision making about the allocation of these resources in support of Harvard’s academic mission. The Harvard Planning Office provides physical planning services to promote excellence in campus planning and design, and to optimize the allocation of its land and buildings. We also offer the full range of technical expertise necessary to preserve and enhance the distinct character of Harvard’s campuses to address future growth and change in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner.
The Harvard Planning Office assists Harvard's faculties and departments and their consultants with the following expertise and services.
- Master planning and urban design
- Physical and urban planning
- Space planning and programming
- Facility plan development
- Pre-planning and feasibility studies
- Designer selection and design review
- Transportation planning
- Public approvals and permitting
- Planning graphics